A broth favored in "fasting" clinics. It is a mineral-rich, alkalizing, cleansing drink.
- 2 quart water
- 2 each potatoe large, chopped into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 cup carrots sliced or shredded
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 handful beet tops
- 1 handful turnip tops
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 medium onion
- garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary for seasoning
- teaspoon of miso or beef boullion after straining off liquid for extra flavor and sodium.
- Cover and cook slowly for approximately 1/2 hour using stainless steel, glass, or earthenware cookware/utensils only.
- Strain the broth off and cool.
- Serve warm or cold. Keep refrigerated.
- Discard the cooked vegetables.