Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1⁄2 can crushed tomatoes (14 1/2 ounce can)
- 1⁄2 bunch basil fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 tbs salt sea or himalayan
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium yellow squash (approx 5 oz) thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 medium zucchini (about 5 oz)
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz)
- 2 oz curred ham (optional)
- 1⁄2 small onion thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a large saucepan, simmer the crushed tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp of salt over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Place the bacon on a cooling rack inside a sheet pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- While the bacon and sauce are cooking, place the yellow squash and zucchini slices on a sheet pan and salt evenly with the remaining tablespoon of salt. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes, then rinse in a colander to remove the majority of the salt.
- Assemble the Lasagna:
- Coat the bottom of a 9x5 inch pan or 8 inch square baking dish with 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce. Cover the sauce with half of the ricotta, mozzarella, bacon, ham, squash, then repeat with the remaining cheeses, meat and vegetables.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream, then pour the mixture over the layered ingredients.
- Bake the lasagna for about 30 minutes, rotate the pan halfway through, until the eggs have set (the lasagna will have very little liquid remaining) and the edges have begun to brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with the parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven until the parmesan has browned (about 2 minutes)
- Slice into 4 equal portions and serve hot.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- When done, cut the bacon slices in half crosswise.
Amount Per Serving (4)
- Calories: 434
- Protein: 27.4 g
- Carbohydrate: 10.1 g
- Fat: 32.1 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g