Time in the Kitchen: 25 minutes
Course: Main Course
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs butter
- 6 fillets preserved anchovy fillets sold jarred in grocery stores
- 4 cloves garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 small (or 1 large) lemon zest of lemon
- 2 lbs chicken cut to 1 inch chunks
- 2 14 oz cans artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh parsley roughly chopped
- In a skillet over medium heat combine the olive oil, butter and anchovies. As the butter melts, smash the anchovies into a paste with a wooden spoon.
- When the anchovies have dissolved and the butter and oil is bubbling, turn off the heat and mix in garlic and lemon zest.
- Turn the oven broiler on high. Combine the chicken and artichokes in a rimmed baking pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture on top and mix well to coat.
- Cook the chicken for 10–15 minutes, stirring several times until done. Garnish with parsley and serve.